Wednesday 19 October 2011

Words from Mr Ridgeway...

So... at the polite request of Mr Savage, I thought I would scribble a few things down as a brief introduction of Kelly and I. Although people may look at me and think quite sensible, that’s only during the day job, the rest of the time I’m still a kid at heart (like most men) and am only truly happy when doing something stupid!



As for Kelly, when she isn’t trying to train her IT minions to do her bidding, she can normally be found shamelessly promoting her magazine or perfecting her cage fighting techniques. You know the phrase ‘good things come in small packages?’ well this small package bites!



As Chris said, we met early this year as part of a charity event where we had decided to thrash cheap old cars around Europe in an event designed to raise as much money for charity as possible, although to be honest, the grim reality is I spent far more on my car than I ever raised for the charity!

To contradict my previous description as ‘sensible’ I ended up buying a 2.5 turbo Volvo, partly because it was different to the fleet of BMW’s that take part in these events, partly because it’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing but mainly because I was getting desperate to find a car!! Having said that, it was a monster... more than once I found myself with a big grin on my face while overtaking new expensive cars with both my wheels spinning!



I got rid of it after the run because it had developed an unnatural thirst for oil and sounded like it would blow up at any moment, so after selling it to some Essex wide boy... Kelly and I flew up to Edinburgh and parted with a fist full of cash to buy a van. Not as sporty as a Volvo, but comfortable enough for big miles and enough capacity to carry BBQ’s and beer all the way around Europe! Now, having tagged ourselves as the unofficial tour bus for the Roguerun, Kelly and I are working on the van in a pimp my ride stylee... watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment