Sunday 5 February 2012

Some more words from Jon...

Well, as the title says, some words from the Quagmire look-a-like...

===============================================

Well, it’s been a busy old couple of months for Kelly and I, between starting new jobs and businesses we have been spending every spare minute sending emails to friends, family...and complete strangers for that matter asking for money, sponsorship or anything that may help us raise extra money for the Jennifer Trust.

Since the last time I sat here staring at my computer wondering what to write, I have booked the ferry with our good friends at DFDS for a rather good deal, and as a group we have lost some people and gained some new friends...but I shall let my good friend Mr Savage fill you in on that.

I thought that as the run was getting a bit closer, it was about time I got cracking on the van and did some more work to it. So I booked a week off, ordered the ply line kit and the carpet and got ready to crack on and turn my standard white van into a funky looking passion wagon. Having said that as the saying goes... the best laid plans go to waste, with the courier mucking up the delivery of the ply, meaning I ended up a day and a half behind my planned schedule.

Then when it finally arrived, its needed some altering to get it to sit flush with the insulating that we have done, and it was while I was doing this I discovered the mighty VW is stronger than the earth itself and subsequently eats drill bits!

So after a week solid of hard graft I don’t have too much to show for it, except having it filled with shiny new wood (oo-er!) and having about half the panels carpeted. The next couple of weeks will hopefully see a CB kit get installed, and finally lowered on some quality suspension.

While sorting all of this out, we have heard that some shiny new vinyl’s are on their way for us to plaster the van in, although I am still waiting to hear from VW magazine as they seem to have gone worryingly quiet on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment